Item Type: Assembly Resources
Material accessed in illuminate may not be used for commercial or other purposes (except as legally allowed for personal and educational use). The use of this material must be consistent with the provisions of the Copyright Act 1968 and any amendments to that act. In making collections and services available online, UCA acts in good faith. To the best of our knowledge, we have permission to make the content of this site available digitally.
|[...]tional Working Group on Doctrine|
Worksheet 11: Worship[...]on Doctrine as a discussion starter for
(Call to worship 5, Uniting in Worship 2)[...]be downloaded free of charge from the
In worship, we respond to God’s invitation to us to be loved. But worship is not only our Doctrine website: www.assembly.[...]response. The central things which give Christian worship its shape-word and au/doctrine.
sacrame[...]own gracious self-revelation. Patterns for worship
When the church worships, it gathers in gratitude, resolve and commitment a[...]and
these central things. Whatever else Christian worship may or may not involve, it involves[...]reason why it orders its worship in a[...]To a certain extent, worship is about[...]d.
worship is also about impression. Word[...]find Recall a significant experience of worship.[...]Comment on worship involving both[...]o baptise”.) How is your congregation’s worship both[...]Discuss the shape of worship and working[...]around the world as we worship.
The public worship of the church is often referred to as liturgy. “Liturgy” con Worshipworship must involve the partici[...]llectively called in scripture. Hence, Uniting in Worship 2[...]stood to refer to the church’s ecumenical
tian worship is meant to be a fully communal activity to which[...]endeavours to shape patterns of worship,
Liturgy can also be rendered “work for[...]patterns of scripture reading (the lection
worship as public service, done by the church on behalf o[...]y of an “in-crowd.” A gathering for Christian worship is[...]give shape to Uniting in Worship 2.
strong centre in word and sacrament, but very[...]life. Its liturgical directory Uniting in Worship[...]“standard” and “norm” for worship (UiW2,[...]aster milk and honey for the newly
• Assembly worship website: assembly.uca.org.au[...]ith
• Uniting Church in Australia, Uniting in Worship 2 (Sydney, Uniting Church many human l[...]Stephen Burns, Pilgrim People: An Invitation to Worship in the Uniting • expansive language[...]king liturgical forms common
• Stephen Burns, Worship and Ministry: Shaped Towards God (Melbourne,[...]ken Long, The Worshiping Body: The Art of Leading Worship The dual sense of “uniting” helps b[...]express worship authentically in Australian
• Anita Monro and Stephen Burns, eds, Christian Worship in Australia contexts as well as ho[...]o the wider church around
• Bryan Spinks, The Worship Mall (London, SPCK, 2010)[...]
|Doc.bytes : Worksheet 11 : Worship|
Doc.bytes : Worksheet 11 : Worship. UCA Assembly, accessed 22/09/2023, https://ucaassembly.recollect.net.au/nodes/view/326